The 2013 Minneapolis edition of the J&P Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show rolled into brisk 3 degree weather in the Great White North. As the saying goes, if the weather is bad outside then the inside will be packed… and that was certainly the case as Saturday saw record attendance. GIO brought his iron and took wins in MOD Street and MOD Harley and is now the leading money winner in the series.
Deadline Customs rolled in two customer bikes and his Gotta Love Orange rolled out with a win for Dan Coates. The 2011 Harley-Davidson Road Glide features a cut neck to accommodate the huge Rampage 26” tire and wheel combo up front . The engine rocks it with a 103HD set up with free flowing exhaust and tuner. The paint and skul graphics really set the bike off.
- Dan Coates, Deadline Customs – Gotta Love Orange, 2011 Road Glide
- Nick Popa, Deadline Customs – Gator Glide, 2008 Road Glide
- Neil Ryan, American Thunder – Red Thuder, Harley- Davidson Fat Boy
Modified Harley was won by a builder new to the Harley market, Blacksmith Motoring. The bike features 8 stage candy paint with ghost graphics, cholo exhaust system, acid etched ape hangers Blacksmith Diamond 21” Front, 16” Rear and Remote Air Ride.
- GIO, Blacksmith Motoring – El Puro Vato, 2005 Deluxe
Nitro 6 is an 2004 R6 from Josh Headlee that features an extended swingarm, Arnott Air Suspension, Dynojet power commander, quick shifter, custom race tail and titanium headers. Paint is by Auto Remodel Specialties.
- Josh Headlee – Nitro 6, 2004 Yamaha R6
- AJ Mehtra, Orient Express – 2005 Hayabusa
- John Stoddard, Ducati Minneapolis – Ducati
Hot Bobby Henry worked out of his garage to build his 1958 HD FLH 74” chopper. It features polished cases, S&S oil pump, S&S Carb, Jim’s Lifters, Andrews Cams, Wiseco Pistons, HD Heads, Joe Hunt Magneto and Electric Frank’s 12V system.
- Bobby Henry, HotPan – 1958 HD FLH, Chopper
- Jeff Wllison, 225 – 1971 OSSA, Dick Mann
- John Metz, 1970 OSSA, Dick Mann Replica
GIO from Blacksmith Motoring drove in from Chicago with his latest turbo build, El Vendetta, and took the win in MOD Street at Ultimate Builder in the Great white North. The 2008 Yamaha Retroliner features a Blacksmith 120ci stroker with forged pistons, lighten crank with HIPO heads & intake. The bike rolls with a 26” front wheel, air ride and 6 piston Hawg Halters brakes.
- GIO, Blacksmith Motoring – El Vendetta, 2008 Yamaha Roadliner
- Robb Boggs- Wicked, 2004 VTX 1300 Retro
- Brian Langlois – Rolling Thunder, 2004 Victory Vegas
Neil Ryan of American Thunder won the Show Dog Award sponsored by Rocking K Custom Leather for his promotion at the show. He hired two spokes models to promote his Donnie Smith Bike Show program.
The Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show is produced by www.bikerpros.com. At each round of the competition Biker Pros photographs each bike and makes them available in their Flickr gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/bikerpros.
We are awarding $100,000 in cash and prizes over our 13 event series. The big money winners to date are:
- GIO – $6,500
- Kyle Shorey – $5,000
- Bruce Bolden – $3,000