When is the last time you evaluated the condition of your helmet? If you have to think about your answer, it’s probably been too long. April is “Check Your Helmet” month. For riders and passengers who want optimal protection, this is a great time to evaluate the condition of their helmets.
Harley-Davidson has a great selection of helmets that meet DOT requirements, protect your valuable assets and maintain your bad-ass moto persona, whether it’s a minimalist look or a full-face performance version. Attached you will find four examples of new Harley-Davidson MotorClothes helmets for men & women, riders or passengers.
Helmet industry guidelines for helmet life:
- Helmet manufacturers recommend replacing your helmet every 3 to 5 years, depending on use, to ensure optimal helmet performance.
- Over time, UV rays, internal adhesive and component aging can deteriorate a helmet’s protective qualities.
- Exposure to gasoline, insect repellent, cleaning fluids, exhaust fumes and excessive heat can degrade helmet materials.
- If a helmet has been dropped or suffered an impact, it should be replaced immediately.
- A helmet is designed for only one impact, even a small one. An impact may fracture its outer shell as well as compress the inner liner, neither of which may be visible.